In this episode, Laura speaks with PhD candidate Adrian Wagner, whose research focuses on the integration of collective or community trauma. He is undertaking his PhD at the Universität Witten/Herdecke, is a research fellow at the European School of Governance, and works as a coach and facilitator for transformational leadership.
This episode is for you if you want to hear about:
- The long footprint of collective traumas (e.g. wars, covid)
- How we use narratives to make sense of the world (and when that goes wrong)
- Grieving and processing shared traumas
- Links between trauma histories in Germany and reactions to the invasion of Ukraine
- The need to gain emotional insight to tackle the world's big problems
Links to learn more:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrian-wagner-blackforrestconsulting/
- Pocket Project on Collective Trauma Integration: https://pocketproject.org/about/what-is-collective-trauma-integration/
- Research report: https://pocketproject.org/collective-trauma-democracy/
- Publication: https://publications.iass-potsdam.de/pubman/faces/ViewItemOverviewPage.jsp?itemId=item_6002593_3
- About the report (in German): https://www.mehr-demokratie.de/projekte/deepening-democracy/forschungsbericht?sword_list%5B0%5D=Trauma&sword_list%5B1%5D=and&sword_list%5B2%5D=democracy&no_cache=1
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.